- 1 How to hang skateboard on wall – Tips for you can try with your skateboard
- 1.1 Methods Of Hanging A Skateboard Deck On Your Wall
- 1.2 The Fishing Line
- 1.3 The Mount on the Wall
- 1.4 Overview
- 1.5 Conclusion
How to hang skateboard on wall – Tips for you can try with your skateboard
Skateboard deck artworks and their variety appeal to a wide range of people. It’s a long-standing teen tradition, especially among American teenagers, to seek for the best-designed skateboard decks.
Displaying his old skateboards or the exciting new collections just purchased on the walls is a great way to remember them. But How to hang skateboard on wall ? and What is the best way to do it? The answer in out article, let’s start!
Methods Of Hanging A Skateboard Deck On Your Wall
There are a variety of ways to hang your skateboard on the wall. Maybe you have a great skateboard for college transportation, but you’re not sure where or how to store it. Don’t be concerned! Only the most popular and finest available methods for hanging your skateboard deck on the wall will be discussed here.
Hanger for Ropes
It’s possible that this is the only way to hang a skateboard with its wheels on. This allows you to utilize the same skateboard for the showcase as well as for general wandering. The bottom of your deck will be on view in this technique.
- A 1/4inches (0.63cm) thick (at least to hold the weight of the deck) and a 25 inches (64cm) long nylon rope.
- A drill
- A ruler
- A pencil
- A lighter or matchbox
- 2 wall anchors
- 2 wall screws (3cm x 0.4cm at least)
- A screwdriver
- Take the rope and tie two knots at each ends of the rope as securely as possible.
- Light the rope’s ends with a lighter and hold them lighted for no more than 1-3 seconds. The rope will not fray as a result of this.
- On your chosen wall, use the pencil and ruler to draw two short (2-3cm)vertical lines, 37cm apart, and connect them with a long horizontal line that intersects both vertical lines.
- Drill two holes (vertical and horizontal) where the lines intersect and insert wall anchors.
- Hold one of the rope’s end knots and put it over one of the holes.
- Using a screwdriver, drill a hole in the knot’s center. Carry on with the other knot in the same manner.
- Hang your skateboard with the bottom side on top once both knots are screwed to the wall. Slide your deck inside once the rope is secured at both ends, and the wheels will hold the rope to hang it correctly.
- Installation is simple and inexpensive.
- You may use the same skateboard that you normally use to attach it.
- The rope may tear or the knots may loosen.
- The rope has the potential to scratch the board.
The Fishing Line
This is the most frequent way for vertically hanging a deck. It’s a simple and inexpensive approach to create a sleek and inconspicuous hanging. However, before hanging, the trucks or wheels should be removed.
- Any colorless rope or fishing line
- Scissors (a pair)
- A nail or a hook on the wall
- Drilling machine or hammer
- On the appropriate portion of the wall, hammer a nail or a wall hanger.
- As required, cut a thread with the scissors, about 10 inches long (more or less).
- Hold the string and thread it through the deck’s highest screw holes. Insert the piece of string in one hole and pull it out through the other if you’re holding face to face to the bottom section of a deck.
- Tie a knot (knotting a fishing line might be tricky) or numerous knots to ensure the knots don’t come undone. (The knot should face the top of the deck or the area where the foot will be put.)
- In the nail or hanger, place your deck in an upright position.
- Installation is simple and inexpensive.
- It doesn’t take a lot of time.
- A mild breeze might be decreasing the decks.
- Paintings can be scratched and removed by fishing lines.
The Mount on the Wall
Among all the hanging methods, this is the best and most expensive. This is a sturdy, long-lasting, and ideal method for mounting boards on walls.
- A skateboard wall mount kit should comprise a wall mount plate, a wall anchor, a wall screw, two long bolts and nuts, and two T-nuts, among other things.
- Drilling equipment
- Drill a hole in the wall at a convenient location.
- Make sure all of the long bolts provided are parallel and pointed in the same direction before inserting them into the wall mount plate.
- The nuts should be wound into the bolts until they are flush with the plate.
- Insert the wall anchor into the hole that has been created on the wall.
- Using the wall screw, secure the wall mount plate in place (it should be kept in mind that the wall screw will be pointing in the opposite direction that the bolts do). Secure the plate in place so that it does not move.
- Hold your deck in place and insert the bolts into the two uppermost screw holes on the board. On the trucking side of your deck, the bolts will now be exposed.
- To ensure perfect mounting, place the T-nuts on the bolts and tighten them.
- It’s simple to set up with the least amount of fuss and risk of failure.
- Permanent and high-quality solution. The wind has no influence on the hanging deck, which can also withstand tiny hits.
- Traditional hanging options are the most costly.
The No-Harming Rule
If you’re wondering how to hang a skateboard without using nails or drilling, you’ve come to the right place. You may use plastic hooks and wall strips to complete the work if drilling or hammering aren’t possible or you don’t want to deal with them.
The adhesive is on both sides of the wall strips, which are little pads or foam-like sheets. One side adheres to the plastic wall hanger, while the other grips the wall firmly. These hangers may subsequently be used for a variety of things, like hanging clothing, kitchenware, and decks.
However, there is a limit to how much these hangers and strips can hold. Finding decks that can resist at least 5-6 pounds of bulk is suggested for hanging decks, since most decks weigh about that much. If necessary, you should select your own kit based on the weight of your deck.
Although this is the simplest method for hanging decks, it has the potential to backfire in the long term because the strips aren’t guaranteed for life. They may fall off owing to a loss of adhesive strength caused by the placement of significant weights or simply due to the passage of time. They are thought to have a shorter lifespan than drills.
To be honest, there are a plethora of options for securing your skateboard to the wall. Experimenting with items or having past expertise with specific tools may lead to a better concept for achieving your objective.
The majority of the approaches shown here are commonplace or are used by the majority of individuals. However, if you are an enthusiast or want to vary things up a little, you may find your own way to accomplish it.
You can get inspired by hanging your decks on an empty wall. Aside from that, they make lovely decorations for your home. The process of hanging your skateboard decks is simple. Aside from the methods we detailed above, there are other ways to hang your deck, but you can use any of them.
Simply follow the guidelines for whichever way you like to hang a skateboard on the wall. I’m certain that you’ll get it correctly. On the other hand, you’ll need to have the supplies listed in this article.
If you have any suggestions about how to hang the board on the wall, please leave them in the box below. They will be much appreciated by our skateboarders. Have a fantastic skating adventure!