The best electric skateboard under 300$- Top picks for beginners
Are you looking for a cheap skateboard? As a person who is new to this sport, you will need to find the best electric skateboard under 300$ for practice. So what are your options?
There are plenty of skateboard brands in the market that have claimed to provide the best electric skateboard under 300$, so which one can you trust and which model should you buy? Depending on your purpose when using a skateboard, you know which product is the right one for you. Some people use it mostly for commuting, others use it for fun tricks. In this article, you will learn how to choose a good skateboard that is durable, reliable and has a great price tag.
- Powerful Motor: Electric skateboards are equipped with a 350W brushless hub motor, top speed up to 12.4mph. In addition to urban roads, it can also be used on grass and mud bottoms, and can easily cope with 15° slopes.
- Long Battery Life: Electric longboards have a built-in 24V 2200mAh large capacity battery with a Max travel range of up to 8 miles under specific conditions. It can be fully charged within 2 hours, so you don't need to wait too long.
- Upgrade Your Commuting: Electric longboard for adults with 72mm high-quality PU Wheels and 8 layers of maple deck absorbers provide max comfort, even on rough surfaces or speed bumps, and max load of 220lbs.
- Wireless Remote: Switch freely-accelerate, brake, forward, and backward. There are 2 modes of beginner and advanced and 3 speed gears of low(6.2mph), medium(9.3mph), and high(12.4mph).
- Quality Warranty: Electric skateboards for adults with more powerful performance, become your best commuting or outdoor travel companion. In addition, we also provide a 12-month warranty.
- [Safety & Protection] - This skateboard is very robust and consists of 8 layers of canadian maple boards with a maximum load of 220 lbs. Our skateboard made of waterproof design, it can keep luster long time.Recommended For Ages 8 And Older
- [Wireless Remote Control] - Intelligent designed remote with great function of acceleration or deceleration, forward or braking. It has 3 mode and speed (H-M-L) for different needs.The wireless remote control can be quickly and easily paired with the skateboard, you can start your journey right away.
- [LONG RANGE & HIGH SPEED] - Fly down the streets with confidence and style on this electric skateboard with remote. Powered By A 350-Watt Motor,providing Lithium-Ion-Powered electric skateboarding action at speeds up to 12 Mph. It has a range of 6-8 miles once it is fully charged. It’s equipped with a secured 24V, 2200Ah Lithium-Ion battery pack (battery included) which can be fully charged within two hours.
- [High-Grip Urethane Wheels] - Durable, shock-absorbing 72mm wheels provide an unbelievably smooth riding experience. Even in high-speed, It could keep sufficient stability and balance to ensure the safety and a good riding experience.
- [No Assembly Required] - Come with completed 35.4"* 8“ profession skateboard, and we provide excellent after-sale service. Please contact us if you have any question,we will reply you immediately.
- [Cruise Mode Control] - Keep the speed you want for 3 seconds,and then short press the remote power button,the skateboard will enter cruise mode.Re accelearte, brake or press the remote power button to exit the cruise mode.
- [Speed Level Control] - Roll the remote spped wheel to apply brake,and press the remote speed mode toggle to change the speed level from Low to Medium or High.
- New Version Lithium Battery - 25V 4Ah( 4000mAh) - range up to 9 miles in one charge, Different from high-performance e-skateboards, Hiboy S11 electric skateboard is designed as a fun and joyful one which is easy to handle, and suitable for riding around town and school.
- Go Fast and Far - The 350W powerful hub motor provides a smooth streamlined power. The top speed and range go up to 12.4mph on a single charge. The chassis is higher, and the passability of potholes 40%.
- Sturdy ConstructIon- Benefited from 7 layers Canadian A-grade maple, Hiboy skateboards S11 have been solidly made with light weight 8 lbs, max Weight load 220 lbs. Non-slip and frosting surface design, and come with ABEC-7 soild truck that extremely stable when accelerating and turning.
- Wireless Remote Control - Ergonomic and rechargeable wireless design. Control your speed with comfort and ease. 4 ride modes and 4 brake modes exclusive to Hiboy electrics skateboard.
- FUN & Best Gift- It is friendly for beginner that allowing you to ride confidently no matter what your skill level. So the S11 electric skate board is a ideal gift for kids, adults，College Students when christmas or birthday.
- 【GOOD RANGE AND HIGH SPEED】It has three modes and speeds for different needs' skaters. It also comes with reverse capability.Go up to max 10 Km by 2200mAh built-in lithium battery, 2 hours charging time.You can reach a max speed of up to 20KM/H.
- 【EASY TO CONTROL AND RIDE】Come with 2.4G wireless remote controller with 4 led indicators, keep you informed the skateboard battery level, accelerate and brake as your pleases, different speed settings for different skill levels.Perfect for short commuting, cruising campus, and quick errands.
- 【STURDY MATERIAL】8-ply rock hard maple deck with hadle design, it has better elasticity and toughness, board without splicing, using CNC trimming and grinding process, kick tail and concave for added control,allows riders to have more traction while.It is also lightweight and easy to transport.It can can hold a maximum load of 220lbs.
- 【350W BRUSHLESS HUB MOTOR】Compared with the belt drive motor, the brushless hub-motor is more reliable and less problems. Even without motor,your electric skateboard can also be used like a regular board, making it easier to use no matter where.
- 【NOTICE】The lithium battery is easy enter the self-protection state and it can't be charged if the lithium battery is not charged and discharged for a long time.It is recommended the lithium battery should be charged and discharged at least once a month.Full charge as possible when store it.
The best electric skateboard under 300$ buying guide
Obviously there are a lot of things that you need to consider before buying the best electric skateboard under 300$. Check them out!
When looking at the market, you will find many different types of skateboards at different price ranges. The more expensive your board is, the more features it has. If you are on a tight budget, you can look for skateboards that are much cheaper than 300$. But these models require a few minor sacrifices.
Set a budget before buying your skateboard
Generally, you get what you pay for. For example, if your budget is at $150, don’t expect your skateboard to be the best one in the market. So cutting down the cost means your board won’t have the highest quality materials and the best technologies.
However, it’s not impossible to find the best electric skateboard under 300$ that is decent and offers good performance. Depending on the amount of money that a brand spends for design, manufacture, and market, the price can be higher or cheaper.
If you are looking to buy a skateboard using the most advanced technologies for its battery, motors, and wheels, you will need to spend more money. And models from the top brands that have a great reputation are usually your best options as they come with excellent customer service and top technologies.
However, there are companies that are newcomers and they always try to impress customers in this ever-expanding industry. So the prices won’t be as high, and they also offer exceptional boards at a value that big brands just can’t provide.
Battery Capacity and Range
You will want an affordable skateboard that has a strong battery. Apart from the price, battery capacity is another key factor that you need to consider when looking to buy an excellent electric skateboard.
Electric skateboards can be used for different purposes, depending on its users. Most skaters are using their skateboards for commuting in the morning and afternoon or just to have fun with friends in the neighborhood. A skateboard with an extended range and powerful battery will be suitable for this purpose. However, they require a larger size of battery, which means they cost and weigh more.
On the other hand, if you plan to travel with your skateboard on an airplane, you might need to be concerned about its large capacity. In fact, you will be asked by airlines if your skateboard uses a battery of larger than 100 Wh of power. And if it exceeds 160 Wh, you won’t be allowed to bring it onto an airplane dueto prohibition from FDA.
That’s why before making any purchase, you need to consider the strength of the battery. It’s best to be able to find a budget board with extended range and a strong battery for commuting. And you will find it in this list of the best electric skateboard under 300$ below.
In the market, there are a wide range of boards for you to choose from, including skateboards for beginners and advanced riders. That means your riding experience plays an important part in choosing the right electric skateboard for you. For example, if you love speeding along on the open road or carving up a hill, you don’t care too much about its appearance or its core technological components. All you care about is how the skateboard performs.
Top Speed and Range
Top speed and range are associated with your riding experience. Some skateboards offer multiple technical components that contribute to the top speed such as the motor type and power, the weight of the build, as well as the effectiveness of the wheels.
High-speed performance is exciting for skaters
Some of these top speeds might be too difficult for you. So when choosing a device, you need to know what kind of high-speed performance that you want to try. As a newcomer or an inexperienced rider, you should look for an e-skateboard with low maximum speeds.
For those who already have the experience or are an advanced rider, they are always looking to challenge themselves to hit incredible top speeds. That’s why they need an electric skateboard with high top speeds that allow them to do so. And don’t worry, you will be able to find a budget board for less than $300 that can satisfy your needs. The only concern with cheaper models is that the performance of other components can not be up to par.
Drive Train and Motor Type
In addition to the performance of a skateboard on the road as well as the technical elements of its build, other features that affect your electric skateboard riding experience is the nature of the motorized power system.
You can choose among three main types of motors, from direct drive, belt systems, to hub motors. As for budget boards, they usually use hub motors. But you should learn about all of them to know which one suits you best.
Belt drive motors are the top quality powering systems in the market that deliver the highest performances. Although they are quite loud, these noises are actually enjoyable for some riders. There are two major advantages for using the belt drive system. Firstly, they allow you to have an extremely smooth ride. Secondly, you will be able to swap out the wheels. That means you can enjoy a variable and customizable riding experience.
Of course, there are some cons associated with these systems. They are the high cost and long-term expenditures. One good thing is that you don’t have to replace the whole system, but change out and swap specific parts out instead. However, if these parts need to be replaced frequently, the cost can quickly add up.
As we mentioned, hub motors are the most popular powering system used by budget electric skateboards. These motors are less customizable, but that doesn’t mean they don’t offer a smooth or stable ride. A noticeable good thing about hub motors is that they are quieter than belt systems, which is perfect for commuting riders.
Direct Drive Motors
Compared to the other two systems, direct drive systems are new and getting more popular over the years. These motors offer a similar performance to the belt drive system. The main cons is that they have motors that get close to the ground, which is not good when you frequently hit debris because it could lodge into the frame of the motorized system.
Excellent customer service is what makes a brand stand out and contributes to their long-term success. All large e-skateboard companies focus on providing high quality products, along with offering awesome customer support.
As a user, you need to consider customer support from a brand because it can easily help to cut down on costs. For example, those brands that have good customer service will be very helpful with warranty-covered problems. Of course you would prefer a cheap, hassle-free warranty process than out-of-pocket repair.
There are plenty of ways to know how good customer support from a company is. You can either read up on reviews online such as YouTube reviewers, bloggers, and other sources of information. Once you are happy with the price, the performance and the quality of service, you can spend your money on it.
Portability and Weight
The weight of a skateboard is listed on the spec of the devices that you are looking at. It can impact some parts of performance. If you want to reach higher speeds, you might want to use smaller boards. However, these boards come with smaller frames and they might make high-speed riding a bit uncomfortable and shaky.
Besides, you don’t want your skateboard to be too heavy to carry around. This matters most riders, especially commuters, as well as those who frequently pick up and carry their boards on the train, bus, or even in the car.
That’s the main reason why the best electric skateboard under 300$ in this list comes with low weight. They are portable and they make it convenient for you no matter what you use them for and where you go.
Another important factor that needs to be considered when choosing the best electric skateboard under 300$ is a board’s deck. The appearance of a board’s deck is the first thing that attracts your attention, that’s why it is important for those who care about the aesthetic of the skateboards. However, you should also consider its materials and composition.
If you want to ride over changing terrains, you will want to get a flexible board. On the other hand, if you are looking for hitting top speeds often, you will need a thicker and stiffer deck that offers the stability you want. And you can easily figure out what type of deck you’re looking at just by the product description on the website.
Wheel Type and Size – Comfort of Ride
Wheel size can seriously impact the board’s performance. You don’t want a wrong wheels size because it can make the board become too shaky to operate effectively. Generally, riders want to buy larger wheels because these wheels are going to be more effective at all-terrain riding. They are also ideal for riding over rough surfaces. As for off-road devices, large rubber wheels are the standard.
If you are interested in both off-road and urban riding and want to switch between these styles, you should look for boards with variable wheel capabilities. Keep in mind that large trucks are capable of accommodating a wider variety of wheels than smaller trucks. In addition, many boards offer a unique selling point of variable wheel compatibility.
The best electric skateboard under 300$ review
So you have learnt exactly what you should look at when choosing the right board, it’s time to take a look at some specific models in the market. Of course, these are the best options for you when it comes to the best electric skateboard under 300$.
Shaofu Electric Skateboard for Youth
The Shaofu Electric Skateboard is one of the best models in the market that are below the $300 price range. This skateboard is a great combination of great speed and the ability to cover a long distance. It is powered by a single-motor 350w and a Lithium-ion battery.
It allows riders to go as far as 10 miles before requiring another charge. Not to mention, this skateboard is sturdily built to withstand the rigors of playing the long distance, which is perfect for commuting riders.
Furthermore, it comes with a high quality 7-ply maple deck which is 35.4 inch long. Not only is it a lightweight device, but it is also very responsive and perfect for cruising. The wheels are durable and shock-absorbing, allowing for unbelievably smooth riding experience.
For those who love riding in high-speed, this model could keep sufficient stability and balance to ensure safety and a good riding experience. It is also finished in style as it comes with a wireless remote controller with 4 led indicators, which informs the skateboard battery level, lets you control speed, braking, and cruise control.
To make things simpler, this product comes fully assembled and you just need to get on it and start enjoying skating. It can be fully charged within 2 hours so the charging is not a huge problem for you. Keep in mind that the lithium battery should be charged and discharged at least once a month.
- Smooth ride with good speed.
- Lightweight and very responsive.
- Durable and high quality deck.
- The lithium battery can enter the self-protection state.
- Battery needs to be charged and discharged at least once a month.
Elifine Youth Electric Skateboard
This Elifine model comes with a sleek design that would attract you the first time you see it. It also makes it noticable anywhere. This skateboard boasts of a max speed of 12 mph and can travel as far as 6-8 miles in a single charge. Besides, it comes with a 2200Ah Lithium battery pack and it can be fully charged within two hours.
The sleek designs were crafted through the use of 7 layers of Canadian maple boards with a maximum load of 220 lbs. Not only is it made of waterproof design, this skateboard is also powered by a 250W motor, you can be sure that locomotion would be as easy and seamless as possible.
There are two main reasons why this product is in the list of the best electric skateboard under 300$. Firstly, it has had a lot of amazing reviews from skaters and secondly, it is also a product of one of the most demanded brands in the market currently.
Not to mention, it comes with quite an affordable price and doesn’t require any assembly. The customer service of this manufacturer is also excellent. The wireless remote control is a smartly designed one with great function of acceleration or deceleration, forward or braking.
- Canadian maple deck.
- Waterproof design.
- Quiet ride, good for beginners
- Might have some problems with charging the battery.
OppsDecor Electric Skateboard for Youth
This OppsDecor electric skateboard is ideal for riders at 8 years old and older. It’s also suitable for beginners with the 35.4-inch deck fabricated from 7-ply maple. Although it weighs only 11 pounds, it supports up to 286 Pounds and comes with a convenient handle, allowing you to carry it anywhere you go.
Besides, this model is powered by a single 250W motor and the board can reach a speed of up to 12 mph. With one battery charge, it can last for up to 10 miles. This lightweight product is perfect for commuting and cruising.
The 24V 2200mah Samsung Lithium battery pack can be fully charged in 2 hours. It also comes with durable 2.9 inch shock-absorbing wheels that support stability and balance while riding. Not to mention, the ergonomic remote control offers 2 modes for both beginner and advanced riders. This remote indicates the battery level, controls your speed as well as braking. It also has a setting for cruise control.
- Low center of gravity.
- Lightweight board with just 11 lbs.
- Suitable for children from 8 years onwards.
- Sleek design and great performance.
- Not recommended for younger kids.
OppsDecor Electric Skateboard for Adult
This is another model from OppsDecor which is designed for adults. However, kids from 8 years old can also enjoy riding and performing tricks on this board. Similar to other products from this popular brand, this model is beautifully designed to look pleasing to the eyes. Apart from that, this skateboard offers very good speed and is able to cover a long range of distance once fully charged.
It only takes about 2 hours for it to be fully charged and when it is done, it would go as far as 10 miles before needing another charge. It also comes with a single-motor 350W which makes navigation seamless and easy. Furthermore, the motor can support riders to perform some amazing tricks and improve their riding experience. This skateboard also comes fully assembled and it can easily be controlled by the use of a wireless remote.
This is one of the best products that you should consider investing in. It seems to come with all the qualities that every skater needs and make for an excellent skating experience. An affordable price is also an additional point for this product.
However, riders need to keep in mind that this is a light and fast electric skateboard so you need to ensure your safety when using it. You can wear a helmet, skateboarding shoes, elbows pads and knee pads, etc… You also need to keep the surface dry all times as a damp surface could be very dangerous for skating.
- Good for tricks and fun riding experience.
- Affordable price.
- Support a rider up to 132 pounds.
Hicient Electric Skateboard for Adult
This Hicient Electric Longboard comes with a classical design that brings back memories of skateboarding many years ago. But it doesn’t mean that this model is outdated. It is just the appearance that looks “old”, other than that, the powerful 250W single motor combines new technologies with classic features.
This model from Hicient is made of a 7-layer maple deck, which makes it stable and durable. The 2.9 wheels offer smooth riding thanks to the shock-absorbing feature. It also helps keep riders stable and balanced on the board.
Riding this electric skateboard, you can reach a speed of up to 12 mph and can go as far as up to 12 miles. It is equipped with the high-capacity battery which is fully charged within only 1 hour. And of course, there are 2 modes that its remote control offers for beginner and advanced riders. The 4 LED indicators let you know the battery level, controls the speed, braking and cruise control.
- Shock absorbing wheels.
- Can carry up to 286 lbs.
- Solid maple deck and PU wheels.
- Only 1 hour charging time.
- Not suitable for young children.
Hiboy S11 Electric Skateboard for teens and children
Among these models in the list, the Hiboy S11 is the best electric skateboard under 300 mostly used for fun purposes. This model is more suitable for kids and teenagers or those beginners who just want to know more about this sport.
An outstanding thing about this product is its price. Along with a cheap price, it also comes with a single hub motor that allows you to push heavier weights easily and can even climb steep hills with ease. Because of its lightweight, it’s not recommended for adults. It weighs about 8.6 pounds so you will find it easy to pack and carry along.
Furthermore, it comes with a regenerative braking system which is unlikely to be found in any other electric skateboards under 300 dollars. The deck is designed to catch some eyes and it will make the kids standout in the crowd.
- Lightweight and easy to carry.
- Regenerative brakes.
- Very lightweight.
- Lucrative price.
- Solid build quality.
- Easily chargeable battery.
- Some people may find its design unattractive.
- Suitable for kids.
OppsDecor Electric Skateboard for Youth
This electric skateboard from OppsDecor is another good option for your skating adventures. The 35.4-inch wide deck is ideal for teenagers and adults. They can use this skateboard to commute in the morning and afternoon, or do some tricks to have fun with friends. 7 layers of maple with a non-slip surface can support a rider up to 286 lbs weight.
In addition, it comes with the lithium-ion battery 24V charges in 2 hours. The 250W motor lets you cruise with max. 10 miles. The high-quality PU wheels allow for an excellent grip performance and guarantee a stable and smooth riding.
Besides, this model has a remote control that can be used to set mode of speed, accelerate, brake and even reverse. The motor comes with 3-speed modes, making it ideal for beginners and experienced riders.
To use this product, you only need to activate the wireless remote control to accelerate the skateboard. The rest is easy, just fix your feet firmly on the skateboard and enjoy your riding experience.
- Solid built and good design.
- Simple operation.
- Non slip surface.
- Wide deck.
- Not good for younger kids.
Elifine Youth Electric Skateboard
This is another design from Elifine in this list and it is dedicated to kids and teenagers. Using this skateboard, you can rest assured that you will be safe because it consists of 7 layers of canadian maple boards and it can withstand up to 220 lbs.
Not to mention, it is made of waterproof design, so you don’t need to worry when it catches the rain sometimes. The remote control with great function can be used by 8 year old kids or older. Depending on your needs, you can choose between three different modes.
Once you get the package delivered, you can start your journey right away. It brings you more confidence to fly down the streets and style on this device with a remote. It allows riders to speed up to 12 Mph and you can ride for 6-8 miles once it is fully charged.
Spending a little amount of money and you get a durable, shock-absorbing product that provides a smooth riding experience.
This is definitely an energetic and youthful product. So if you are looking for the best electric skateboard under 300$ for your kids or teenagers, this is the right choice.
- Perfect for kids and teenagers.
- Waterproof design.
- Safe and smooth riding experience.
- Cruise for 6-8 miles.
Are below $300 skateboards good for first-timers?
This is obviously a yes. If you are a newcomer who doesn’t even know how to use a skateboard, an affordable and convenient product is always the best option. The best electric skateboard under 300 dollars is also ideal for those who want to improve their skateboarding skills.
It’s not a good idea to try your first rides on a skateboard with an expensive one. You will be surprised how these cheaper models can help you improve. Once you are more confident to do fun tricks or want to be more risky, you can start looking for a high end model with high quality materials to challenge yourself. But for first-timers, a below $300 skateboard is good to go.
Can I use my electric skateboard when the battery runs dry?
You can still use your skateboard because it has belt motors that can be used even with a dead battery. You just need to put more effort on it. Don’t give it up when the battery runs dry, it still can help you reach your destination faster and more comfortably.
How do the speed setting on electric skateboards work?
Riders should know how to adjust the speed while riding the skateboard to get the best out of it. There are 4 different speed settings on an electric skateboard, including:
Slow– This setting is ideal for beginners with limited speed when 20% battery is left.
Eco– Perfect for long rides with stronger speed limitations, but 40% of the battery on disposal.
Fast– Full speed and 60% of battery.
GT– This is an exciting setting. It gives you full power and full capacity to play with.
As you can see, these electric boards are eco-friendly. Some days they can replace cars or other vehicles that generate so much pollution. Many people are using them to get to work or school. If your distance is not too far, you should do the same. Besides, electric skateboards provide increased control to the rider. They are equipped with the remote controller, so you can manage the speed, direction and even check the battery life.
Your life will be so much more convenient, cheaper, simpler with an electric skateboard. There are plenty of options for you in the market, from cheap boards to costly ones. But as a beginner, you should only opt for the best electric skateboard under 300$. This is a reasonable price range for your budget and you will surely find the one that suits your needs.
Before making your decision, make sure to consider all the aspects above, and take a look at your options with detailed pros and cons. You know what you really need from your skateboard. Just don’t forget to buy some protective gear like helmet, elbow pads and knee pads. Then you will have a great time with it!
- Electric skateboard laws – some things to know
- Best electric skateboard under 400 – top 6 model
Leave a Reply